Rowing machine Troubleshooting
Automatic resistance machine:
If the AC adapter isn't providing power when plugged in, please follow these steps
- 1. Check if the AC adapter is damaged.
- 2. We recommend replacing the AC adapter. You can also test if it powers on by using the AC adapter from your wireless router.
- 3. Ensure that the wires in the device column are tightly inserted.
The monitor stops working while you are rowing.
- 1. Check if the battery is dead or low. Replace the battery if necessary.
- 2. Ensure that the positive (+) and negative (-) poles of the battery are correctly aligned and making good contact.
If you are experiencing seat or rail noise while rowing
- 1. Clean the pulley and track strip thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris. Apply a small amount of lubricating oil to ensure smooth movement.
- 2. Check the pulley rotation to ensure it moves freely without any obstructions. Also, inspect the slide rail for any signs of damage or sinking.
- 3. Additionally, ensure that the wheels on the seat are aligned properly with the rails. Keep them clean and check for any loose screws or wheels that may contribute to the noise.
My monitor is powered on but no data is showing.
- If your monitor is powered on but not displaying any data, please contact us on this page: contact
The rowing machine resistance always has no change
- Disassemble the baffle to check if the motor wires fall off
My monitor displays an E01 error
- Try powering off and on again to restart the rowing machine